AVEVA Solutions Limited (“AVEVA” or "we") is committed to protecting and respecting individuals' privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, AVEVA Solutions Limited of High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0HB is the data controller.
• AVEVA Services: means the online services (including software applications as a services) that AVEVA makes available on or through the AVEVA Site.
• AVEVA Site: means the web site at https://connect.aveva.com or such replacement or updated web address.
• Client: means the entity with whom we have entered into a contract to provide the AVEVA Services (such client is likely to be your employer or the party that instructed you to use the AVEVA Services for their internal business purposes).
• Data Protection Laws: means any relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal data and an individual's privacy, including where relevant: (a) the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2013; (b) from and including 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, "the GDPR"), (c) any laws ratifying, implementing, adopting or replacing the GDPR in the UK, and (d) any other applicable, associated or supplementary data protection laws or regulations; in each case, as updated, amended or replaced from time to time
The AVEVA Site and AVEVA Services are provided by AVEVA Connect to its clients on a business to business basis. However, as part of the AVEVA Services AVEVA may collect certain personal data from the individuals who access and use the AVEVA Services on behalf of such clients. In the main part, this is restricted to data that relates to the client or individuals in their capacity of employees or agents of a client (and not in a personal or private context).
In relation to your use and our provision of the AVEVA Services, this is governed by our agreement with our Client which sets out the terms on which we provide the AVEVA Services and our rights, obligations and protections in relation to the AVEVA Services. Our liability in relation to the AVEVA Services is subject to the terms of this agreement with our Client. You should enquire with the Client (likely to be your employer or the party that instructed you to use the AVEVA Services) if you have any questions in relation to the AVEVA Services or our agreement with Client.
INFORMATION AVEVA COLLECTS FROM YOU
AVEVA will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give AVEVA: This is information about you that you give AVEVA by filling in forms on the AVEVA Site or by corresponding with AVEVA by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the AVEVA Services on behalf of our Client, and when you report a problem with the AVEVA Site or any AVEVA Services on behalf of our Client. The information you give AVEVA may include your name, business address, business e-mail address, domain name, phone number, personal description, job description, job title and photograph.
• Information AVEVA collects about you or receives from other sources (for example its managed services partners): With regard to each of your visits to the AVEVA Site and use of the AVEVA Services, we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information and user credentials, browser type and version; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the AVEVA Site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call AVEVA’s customer service number.
A number of these cookies are essential to our provision of the AVEVA Services.
The types of cookies that may be used on the AVEVA Site fall into one of the categories as follows:
Type of cookie
'Strictly Necessary' cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of the AVEVA Site and enable you to access certain features. Without these cookies, we would be unable to provide you with the AVEVA Services. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
Functional cookies are used to recognise you when you return to the AVEVA Site. They also remember your preferences (such as your username, language and region) on the AVEVA Site and enable us to personalise our content for you. The information collected by these cookies is usually anonymised, so we cannot identify you personally. Functional cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information which could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with serving advertising.
Analytical cookies are used to monitor the performance of the AVEVA Site. For example, they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the AVEVA Site when they are using it. The information provided by these cookies allows us to analyse patterns of user behaviour and we use that information to enhance user experience or identify areas of the AVEVA Site which may require maintenance. All of the information collected by these cookies is anonymous and is only used for statistical purposes.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but usually provide the option of configuring your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. You can change your settings in the preferences or options menu of your browser (or please see www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on cookies and how to delete them). We may also provide you with functionality on the AVEVA Site to manage your cookies.
If you choose to decline cookies, certain features and functionality of the AVEVA Services may not be available to you or work as intended.
Further details of the cookies AVEVA uses (and their respective purposes) are available from AVEVA on request.
AVEVA uses the personal data held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to AVEVA: AVEVA will use this information:
• to carry out AVEVA’s obligations arising from any contracts with our Client and to provide you with the information and services that you request from AVEVA on behalf of our Client;
• to provide you with information about other products and services AVEVA offers;
• to notify you about changes to the AVEVA Services; and
• to ensure that content in the AVEVA Services is presented in the most effective manner for you.
• Information AVEVA collects about you or receives from other sources (for example its managed services partners). AVEVA will use this information:
• to administer the AVEVA Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve the AVEVA Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of AVEVA’s Service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of AVEVA’s efforts to keep the AVEVA Services safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising AVEVA serves through the Services, and to deliver relevant advertising; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the AVEVA Services about goods or services that may interest you or them.
You agree that AVEVA has the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of the AVEVA Group, which means AVEVA’s subsidiaries, AVEVA’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Selected third parties including:
• managed services providers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract AVEVA enters into with our Client; and
• analytics and search engine providers that assist AVEVA in the improvement and optimisation of the AVEVA Services.
AVEVA will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If AVEVA sells or buys any business or assets, in which case AVEVA may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If AVEVA Solutions Limited is acquired in part or in whole by a third party, in which case personal data held by AVEVA may be one of the transferred assets.
• If AVEVA are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply AVEVA’s contract with our Client and any other agreements (including AVEVA's Acceptable Use Policy available at https://connect.aveva.com/AcceptableUsePolicy.html); or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AVEVA, AVEVA Group, AVEVA’s customers, or other third parties.
AVEVA, the AVEVA Group and our/their suppliers may cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law and may disclose your personal data to such government or law enforcement officials or private parties in response to lawful requests if we/they are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to respond to claims and legal process, and to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud and breach of export and sanction requirements).
Your personal data will be stored in one or several geographical regions within the UK or the European Economic Area (“EU Zone”).
All information you provide to AVEVA is stored on secure servers. Where AVEVA has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the AVEVA Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. AVEVA requires you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although AVEVA will do its best to protect your personal data, AVEVA cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to AVEVA; any transmission is at your own risk. Once AVEVA have received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the possibility of changing your personal profile and communication preferences in your user account at any point in time. You also have the possibility to deregister from the AVEVA Services at any time.
You can withdraw your consent to marketing communications at any time by clicking the respective link in every email received from AVEVA or adjusting your personal account settings. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms AVEVA uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting AVEVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AVEVA Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of AVEVA’s partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and selected third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that AVEVA does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Address: Data Protection, Legal Department, AVEVA Solutions Limited of High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0HB
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority.